You may not be familiar with bladderwrack, but that’s okay. It’s not exactly a household name. However, once you know how good this stuff is, then it would make a lot of sense to include it in your diet. Many have begun doing so since it’s been found to offer a lot of health benefits.
Bladderwrack is actually a type of seaweed and its name comes from the tiny bladders (sacs) that help it float in the water.
Studies show that bladderwrack contains lots of nutrients that are good for your health.
- You can find large amounts of iodine in bladder-wrack. Iodine, among other things, helps in maintaining your thyroid functions.
- It also contains alginic acid, which is a fiber that helps in digestion. Surprisingly, it can relieve diarrhea as well as constipation! Some people even take it when they have heartburn.
- Bladderwrack also contains fucoidan and carotene, and these nutrients are important for your joints and bones. They can help reduce joint pain and inflammation if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fucoidan also has anti-tumor properties. It helps regulate cell growth and reproduction—which in turn may reduce the growth of cancerous tumors.
- Bladderwrack lowers your level of bad cholesterol, which can improve your cardiovascular health.
Here is what the Life Force website has to say about the Bladderwrack found in their Body Balance:
Bladder wrack is a common brown sea vegetable that nestles upon rocks in colonies. Bladder wrack may also form mats of floating seaweed when torn from rocks during storms and wash ashore onto nearby beaches.
Bladder wrack has been used to soothe inflammation and assist in weight loss by nourishing an under-active thyroid. At a cellular level Bladder wrack has also been used to treat rheumatism and other inflammatory conditions.
What’s important to note about bladderwrack is that you have to get it from reputable sources. It has to be harvested from very clean waters, because it may have absorbed toxins if it comes from polluted waters. To be absolutely sure, you can just drink Life Force Body Balance, since it contains healthy bladderwrack as well as hosts of other healthy sea vegetables that are really good for your health. Remember, if you don’t want your health to be a wreck, include bladderwrack in your diet!