The name “Dulse” may sound Spanish, but it’s actually a kind of edible seaweed. It’s popular among people in Northern Europe, Ireland, and Canada, although many Asians like it too. It’s been part of the diet of many cultures for hundreds of years. Unfortunately, though, it’s not exactly a household name in a typical American home.
Dulse Makes a Great Protein Source for Vegetarians and Vegans Alike
Vegetarians love it especially, since it contains as much as 40% protein. This is significantly more protein than most other kinds of vegetables, and unlike other protein sources it’s low in calories and fat.
- It’s proven to contain lots of antioxidants.
- It has loads of iodine, which helps your metabolism and assists in your weight loss efforts. It can also prevent a host of thyroid conditions.
- It helps keep your liver healthy. Actually, it also maintains and even improves the health of the glands in your body.
- It helps promote better health in your digestive system.
- It cleanses the body of heavy metals.
- It’s got lots of vitamins and minerals, including calcium which helps keep your bones strong and healthy.
Finding Dulse in a regular supermarket is unlikely, and you may not also find it easy to locate recipes that include it in the list of ingredients. Even shopping for it online poses quite a challenge. If you are interested in getting your regular dose of Dulse but don’t have time to buy and prepare it on a regular basis, your best option would be to buy Body Balance.
Here’s what Life Force has to say about the Dulse sea vegetables that they put in their Body Balance product to boost health benefits:
It is heralded as a phenomenal source of vitamins and nutrients, and cultures in Canada, Ireland, and Northern Europe have highly regarded this ever so important sea vegetable for centuries.
Amply rich in Vitamins B6 and B12, Dulse offers iron, potassium and fluoride in digestible, easily assimilated quantities. It also contains a host of other nutrients and vitamins, including Vitamin A, E, and C, magnesium, calcium, fiber, and protein. An excellent source of iodine, Dulse has been used to improve thyroid gland health and function.
Body Balance is a delicious health drink and what’s really good about it is that it contains not just Dulse, but other really important sea veggies as well! All the ingredients have been carefully selected, and the measurements have all been done for you. No fuss and no muss – now that’s sweet! So get your move on and get a supply of Dulse rich Body Balance right away!