There are many benefits of using pea protein powder rather than conventional protein powders. And we are not talking about green colored peas you frequently eat but rather yellow split peas that are manufactured to become protein powder.
This type of pea has been grown for food since the time of our ancient ancestors and we use these today in soups, stews and in ordinary recipes. It was just recently that the protein and other nutrients in yellow split peas have been explored.
Pea Protein Powder is an Extract from Peas.
Nutritional companies have developed a way to extract protein from peas which can be a substitute for animal protein since it has better nutritional value and are more easily absorbed by the body. This is not only good news for vegetarian types but the absorbability of pea protein makes it an excellent choice for bodybuilders and anyone wanting to build leaner and stronger muscles.
Eating a lot of Pea’s is not the same as taking pea protein powder.
Therefore, if you want to take advantage of pea protein it may not be enough to eat more soups and recipes with peas as main ingredient. You need to find high quality pea protein powder so you can build more lean muscle. To make it even more effective and efficient include in your workout and exercise routine.
Here are several advantages of using pea protein powder:
- Pea powder has more protein in one standard scoop; you can get as much as 25 grams of high quality protein in one serving.
- Pea protein is rich in essential branched chain amino acids or BCAAs which are leucine, isoleucine and valine. BCAAs are needed to support muscle growth and muscle recovery during and post workouts. While other protein sources help you during your workout, pea protein will still support muscle recovery even when you are resting.
- This type of protein is very low in fat and carbohydrates.
- This type of protein may be the best source of protein for vegetarians who cannot eat animal protein. It is lactose and gluten free as well.
- Pea protein is also great for people who experience intolerance to milk and milk products. It is completely hypoallergenic and should never cause the stomach to be upset.
- Pea protein can also help reduce blood pressure and can also promote kidney and liver health.
- Pea protein is cheaper compared to other types of proteins and other protein sources.
- Although yellow split peas need to be processed and extracted to form pea protein powder, there is no need to use nitrogen based fertilizers to harvest yellow peas at all. Peas and pea powder are technically organic which increases its quality and their nutritional value.
You may be worried if pea protein powders might taste unusual but let people who have used pea protein assure you that there is absolutely no irritating smell or taste that will turn you off. You can even add pea protein to shakes, smoothies and even ordinary recipes to improve the protein value of food. The smooth texture and somewhat neutral taste makes it a great choice for protein supplements of all kinds.
Looking for pea protein powder is also easy and the best way to find out about retail outlets that sell them is by going online. You may either get a protein powder with only pea protein as a single ingredient or go for a protein formula that usually combines the powers of rice, whey and pea for better digestion and longer lasting muscle building effects than any one type of protein on its own.
When you want to experience the best in protein supplements using a combination of protein powders is highly recommended. You also want a quality made product that is rich in important amino acids. A good example of such a product and a benchmark to judge others by is this protein powder supplement that uses whey, rice and pea protein powders all in one powerful simple to use product.