A sports energy drink can do you a world of good. Maybe you are in the middle of a workout or walking under the heat of the brilliant sun.
Whatever you are doing outdoors, you can always make use of sports energy drinks to bring back all those precious fluids and nutrients that your body has lost through sweating during a physical activity.
Sports energy drinks do more than hydrate you:
Sports energy drinks are loaded with vitamins and minerals, electrolytes and energy in the form of carbohydrates, thereby helping you to stay hydrated, helping you improve your performance.
While there are a lot of energy products that claim to do wonders with your body, here are some things to consider when looking for the must have sports energy drinks.
Think about what sports energy drinks should do.
A good energy drink should be able to:
- Improve the body’s ability to absorb fluids and should be able to quench your thirst.
- It must also enhance the body’s capacity to rehydrate.
- It should be able to give you sufficient carbohydrate energy to your working muscles.
- It should be able to help reduce or prevent soreness, fatigue and cramps in your muscles.
- It should contain enough electrolytes to refill your body’s lost ones.
Most sports energy drinks claim to meet all the above requirements; it’s up to you to choose from among them. However, you should also be aware that doctors suggest drinking a minimum of 8 glasses every day aside from consuming sports energy drinks.
Select an energy drink according to their nutritional values. Aside from considering taste in choosing good sports energy drinks, their nutritional value must also be checked. When looking for a good energy drink, look at their caloric content, sodium, carbohydrates and potassium percentages.
- Carbohydrates. A good sports drink should be able to provide you with enough fuel in the form of carbohydrates. This is considered as the body’s major energy source.
- Calories. The usual caloric content of most sports energy drinks range from 45 to 160 calories.
- Sodium. This is a main component of the body’s needed electrolytes, which are vital in helping the body metabolize carbohydrates and also assists in the correct muscle functions. Sodium also helps keep the body hydrated. The harder the physical activities that you perform, the more you sweat, the more you need sodium.
- Potassium. This is also a component of electrolytes and is needed by our body for keeping it hydrates and also in the proper muscle functions. Like sodium, it is also needed for the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats. The heavier your physical activities, the more you need potassium.
Select a great flavor! Since sports energy drinks are becoming more in demand than before, more and more flavors have been created to satisfy different tastes. Choose from among the many flavors such as orange, lemon, berry, tropical fruits, citrus and many others. So, what’s a better way to rehydrate and enjoy? Choose now your sports energy drinks. But remember that the best way to rehydrate is to drink plenty of water.
Here is a popular sports energy drink that uses vitamins and the plant extracts Tulsi and Ashwagandha. These plants are known to have the ability to balance the body’s energy and generate a clear mind and body making then exceptionally good ingredients for a sports energy drinks.